Types of complaints the Board can deal with
The Board accepts complaints about the professional conduct of a teacher or authorised person acting in their capacity as a teacher.
Complaints the Board is unable to accept
If your complaint does not relate to the professional conduct of the teacher, we may not be able to assist you. For example the Board is unable to deal with complaints about:
- Workplace disputes or managerial decisions, these are employer related issues;
- School administrative matters such as school policies and their application;
- Family Court or child safety matter between a teacher and his/her own children, concerns should be reported to Northern Territory Police or Territory Families;
- Criminal activity, concerns should be reported to Northern Territory Police, there are arrangements for information sharing between Northern Territory Police and the Board;
- Personal and lawful activities that do not affect the teacher's fitness to teach.
Contact us if you are unsure about whether we can deal with your complaint.
If your complaint relates to a person who is not a teacher the Board is unlikely to be able to assist you.