Who can apply?
Application for certification is open to all fully registered teachers who meet the eligibility requirements and who can demonstrate achievement of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the Highly Accomplished or Lead career stages.
Certification is available to classroom-based teachers in a range of roles including school support professionals, regional support officers, consultants and advisory teachers and those in equivalent roles who work with students.
To be eligible to apply for certification at the Highly Accomplished and Lead teacher career stages the applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency
- Have full registration with the Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory
- Hold an authentic teaching role/position in a classroom situation where the applicant is responsible for an ongoing teaching program, assessment and reporting
- Have been assessed as satisfactory in their:
- Two most recent annual performance assessments for those applying for Highly Accomplished career stage and
- Three most recent annual performance assessments for those applying for Lead career stage.
Page last updated: 21 May 2019