Australian criminal history clearances

If you are currently living in Australia or have ever lived in Australia you must arrange for the Board to be provided with the results of a National Police Check issued by Safe NT.

It is mandatory for teachers to hold a NT Working With Children Clearance for employment purposes as well as a National Police Check for registration purposes.

The TRB recommends all applicants for registration and authorisation apply for a Working With Children Clearance (Ochre Card) and as part of the online application tick ‘Notify the Teacher Registration Board’ to allow SAFE NT to forward the police check results directly to the TRB office. If you are completing a hard copy application please sign the ‘Teachers only’ release under Section D.

New applicants for registration and authorisation who hold a current Working with Children Clearance will need to apply for a current (no older than 3 months) National Police Check through SAFE NT.

The specified purpose of the check must be for 'Employment as a Teacher'.

Please visit the SAFE NT website for an application. You will have the option to lodge an online or hard copy form.

Overseas criminal history clearances

If you have lived overseas you must provide an original criminal history clearance from any country in which you have lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, or since attaining the age of 18 years.

Please visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website for information on the process for sourcing the required criminal history clearances from overseas countries.