• What if I already have a current Ochre Card?

    New applicants for registration and authorisation who hold a current Working With Children Clearance will need to apply for a current (no older than 3 months) National Police Check through SAFE NT. 

    The specified purpose of the check must be for Employment as a Teacher. 

    Please visit the SAFE NT website to complete an application. You will have the option to lodge an online or hard copy form.

  • What is the difference between the Financial Expiry & the Term of Registration Expiry?

    Teachers who have been granted either Full or Provisional Registration will have two relevant expiry dates printed on their registration certificate

    The financial expiry date – this is when the next annual fee payment is due. It is separate to the Term of Registration.   (Failure to pay the annual registration fee will result in the expiry of your NT teacher registration). 

    The Term of Registration:

    • Full Registration –will have an expiry date of 31 December 5 years after being granted Full Registration.  In the six months prior to your term of registration expiring you will need to apply to renew your registration 
    • Provisional Registration – will have an expiry date of 31 December 3 years after being granted Provisional Registration.  

    Teachers who are unable to transition to Full Registration within your 3 year period, you may apply to renew your term of registration for a further 2 years.

    Applications to renew will be accepted up to six months prior to a teacher’s   category of registration expiring.   

  • What application form do I apply with?

    Form A (PDF) – For applicants not currently registered/accredited with another Australian or New Zealand Teacher Registration Authority, who have a four-year degree in education or have completed four years of full-time study including an undergraduate degree and a post graduate teacher education course.

    Form B (PDF) – For applicants who are currently registered/accredited with another Teacher Registration Authority in Australia or New Zealand can apply under Mutual Recognition

    Form C (PDF) – For applicants who do not have the prescribed qualifications for registration but are competent to teach certain subjects and have an employer who wishes to apply for authorisation to employ an unregistered person to teach